When your home sustains water damage it is as overwhelming as it is devastating. Whether you are experiencing flooding due to storms, plumbing problems or other causes, it is important to have the information necessary to act quickly. The faster you act, the better chance you have of preventing mold growth and saving items and flooring. At Disaster Services, we know how overwhelming this process can be, and we have a team of trained technicians to assist you in restoring your home to its original condition or better. We would like to share some of the process with you in hopes that you can be prepared when facing water damage.
What We Do After a Water Leak or Flood Damage in Your Home
Although when caught in a crisis, it’s easy to be unsure where to start with the cleanup process. It is, however, imperative that action be taken quickly; before mold starts to grow causing even more problems. Following are the steps Disaster Services take when homeowners call us upon realization of a water leak or flooding:
• Document Damage– As soon as you can, document the damage done by taking pictures and notes for the insurance company. You need to get the ball rolling on filing an insurance claim as well. Disaster Services can help immensely with this. We work with all the major insurance companies!
• Removing Water– We remove the standing water using industrial water extraction equipment.
• Structural Drying & Ventilating– Belongings like mattresses should be discarded when you experience a flood. There is no way to completely dry and disinfect them. All other items such as area rugs, furniture, clothing and bedding should be removed from the home and taken outside to begin the drying process. Disaster Services can thoroughly dry your property using industrial grade fans and dehumidifiers. We want to get as much air circulating in the space as possible. We typically open all the windows and use as many fans as necessary.
• Clean Up – Disaster Services can thoroughly clean and disinfect your water damaged property. We want to ensure your home is structurally sound and a healthy environment before you can reside their again.
• Rebuilding with Restoration or Remodeling – Disaster Services can restore your home to pre-water damage condition or we can rebuild it to be even better. Have you always wished your kitchen had a different layout or the living areas of your home were more open? This is a great opportunity to achieve those goals.
Flood & Water Damage Restoration in Baytown, Pasadena League City, Pearland, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Cypress, The Woodlands, Spring & Greater Houston, Texas
Often, when your home or business has experienced flooding, you will want the help of a professional water restoration company like Disaster Services to assist in the cleanup and restoration process. With written authorization, our friendly staff will start to work with you on devising the best restoration plan for your needs. We will work quickly to remove water from the premises and begin working with an EPA approved antimicrobial solution to sanitize and disinfect your home. We will most likely have to remove all insulation, carpet and padding, as well as ceiling tiles and other damaged materials from your home in preparation for restoration. At Disaster Services, we have the resources needed to monitor the moisture levels continuously in your home to ensure your structure is completely dry before construction begins. Our team of professional contractors will then start to work on remodeling and finishing your home to restore it to its original condition or even better. When disaster strikes, call Disaster Services to help you pick up the pieces and put your life back together.