There isn’t a homeowner out there that wants to deal with mold in their home. Anytime there is mold growth in your home, it can be a complex issue that doesn’t have a cut and dry solution most of the time. When you are on the market to buy a house, mold is definitely something you should be aware of and looking for. Disaster Services is here to talk about mold and why you don’t want it in your home.
What Health Problems Can Mold Cause?
When there is mold growing in the home that you live in, it can be a health concern. Not all people will see a big problem with their health where mold is concerned, but there are several people that can become gravely sick. If you suffer from respiratory problems already, there is a good chance that you would be affected by mold growth. Some people actually have an allergy to mold and can have asthma attacks when they come in prolonged contact with it. Others will simply have the same symptoms that are often present in those with hay fever: runny nose, watery eyes, coughing, red eyes and a rash are all common symptoms. ‘
What is the Best Way to Deal with Mold?
If you find that there is mold in your home, there are several ways that you can deal with it. If the problem is severe enough, you will most likely need the help of licensed professionals to help you get rid of it completely. Here are some things that can be done as well as some things that you should avoid doing if you have a mold problem.
– Fix and leaks that are causing the moisture that allows the mold to grow in the first place.
– Scrub and remove mold from surfaces and allow it to completely dry.
– If you have carpet or other absorbent surfaces in your home, if mold and moisture come in contact with it, you may have to simply throw it away, because it will not be salvageable.
– Never paint or caulk any surface that has mold on it. This will just make the mold worse.
– Clean up mold before painting. If you try and paint over mold, it will simply peel off the surface and the mold will continue to grow.
– Make sure you are wearing the right clothing and protective wear when you are cleaning up mold. You should wear an N95 respirator, gloves and goggles to limit the contact with mold and your skin.
Mold Clean Up, Abatement, Removal, Remediation & More in Baytown, Pasadena, League City, Pearland, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Cypress, The Woodlands, Spring & Greater Houston, Texas
If you are on the market to buy a home, you can rely on Disaster Services to ensure the home you are about to buy doesn’t have any mold issues in it. When there are mold problems, it can costly to fix them and will need to be negotiated into the contract if you still want to move forward with the house. Call us today!