Any time you have water flooding your home, it’s not a good day. Water can be incredibly destructive to your house. If you have never had any water damage in your home, count yourself lucky. If you do experience water damage, the problem can be more complicated that simply getting the water out of your home. It can leave a path of destruction behind. Disaster Services is here to talk about some of the problems that flooding can cause in your home.
What Can Water Damage Do to Your House?
When you have significant water that makes its way into your home, you could be in for much larger problems that the ones that you see on the surface. Here are some of the huge issues that can be caused by flooding.
– Mold & Mildew Growth: It doesn’t take long for mold and mildew to start growing when conditions are right. If mold and mildew start to grow in your home, it will spread as long as it is left as is. Any cool and damp place creates the perfect place for mold to flourish. If you smell anything that resembles the musty smell caused by mold, you need help from professionals right away.
– Staining: It is common for walls and floors to experience staining when excess water is involved. This can be extremely common in the bathroom area because of the amount of moisture found there, but it can also happen in other areas of the house when water damage has occurred.
– Structural Damage: If you have water damage in your home that is bad enough, it can cause structural damage to your home. This is because as wood gets wet, it swells and then shrinks when it dries out again. This can leave the structure warped, cracked or otherwise damaged.
– Roof Damage: Believe it or not, but your roof is the most expensive part of your home to replace. That makes it the last thing that you want to have damaged. Unfortunately, water can leave your roof compromised and it needs to be replaced before more damaged is caused.
– Wiring & Gas Lines: The wiring and gas lines that run throughout your home are usually hidden from sight. Water damage can leave them compromised as well. If you have experienced any water damage in your home, you will want to make sure these areas have been checked for damage as well.
Flood & Water Damage Restoration in Baytown, Pasadena, League City, Pearland, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Cypress, The Woodlands, Spring & Greater Houston, Texas
An ytime you experience flooding or water damage of any kind, it can leave you feeling overwhelmed. It is often something that shouldn’t be taken care of without professional help. At Disaster Services , we know how important it is to act quickly with water damage and will get to work right away to get rid of any excess water you have in your home. We will help restore your home so that you won’t be able to tell there was ever a water problem to begin with. Call us today!