Having mold growth in your home is every homeowner’s worst nightmare. It can not only be dangerous to your health, but it can be difficult to remove on your own as well. When it comes to mold growth, you want to make sure you get rid of it as soon as possible. There are a lot of myths out there pertaining to mold. Disaster Services is here to talk about some of these myths and share the truth about the dangers of mold in your home.
Is Mold in Your House Always Visible?
While mold growth can be visible when it is growing in your home, that isn’t always the case. Sometimes, mold could be growing inside your walls where you have had a leak of some sort. If it has started to grow, it will continue to grow if you don’t do what it takes to get rid of it.
Can You Take Care of Mold Yourself?
It may seem easy enough to get rid of mold that is growing in your home. However, if you don’t know what you’re doing, it can be nearly impossible to remove it completely. In fact, when you attempt to remove it and don’t know what you’re doing, you can actually cause the mold to grow much quicker. It is almost as if you trying to get rid of it, gives it more energy to grow. It is always best to leave mold removal to the pros.
Why You Shouldn’t Use Bleach to Kill the Mold?
Bleach being used to kill mold is a big myth that needs to be dispelled. When you use bleach to kill mold on hard surfaces, all it does is discolor it. The mold is still there and can actually start to grow at an alarming rate. Chlorine bleach cannot penetrate to destroy the growth as it grows at its roots. Not only that, working with bleach can be harmful to your health if you aren’t taking certain precautions while doing so.
Is Black Mold the Only Mold I Should Be Worried About?
There is no way around it, mold is bad for your health. That is considered common knowledge. However, it is not only black mold that you should be concerned about. The important take away here is that the color of the mold has nothing to do with how harmful it can be to your health. All molds of any color should be addressed and not discounted as safe to be around.
Is a Small Amount of Mold Harmful?
Even if you only see a small amount of mold in your home, you should be working to get rid of it. You don’t want any amount of it growing because it will only get bigger. No matter how small it may be, call the pros.