The roof above your head is something that most people don’t think much about. It is just there, offering constant protection for your home against the elements. When there is a problem with your roof though, that’s another story. All of a sudden, homeowners are scrambling to get the problem resolved as soon as possible. Disaster Services is here to talk about some of the warning signs you should be looking for that indicate your roof is on its last leg.
How Do I Know if I Need to Repair or Replace My Roof?
Following is a list of some of the most common warning signs that can help you make plans to have your roof repaired or replaced.
– Curling, Cracking or Blistering Roof Shingles: You can tell a lot about your roof by looking closely at your shingles. If there are any that are missing or starting to curl up on the edges, it is a big sign that your roof is in trouble. They also may have cracking and blistering which isn’t a good sign.
– Sagging Roof: You should never see sagging when you look up at your roof. If you see that it is starting to sink in the center, you have some serious damage that needs to be addressed. Without taking swift action, your roof is in danger of collapse.
– Loose Shingle Granules: When you clean out your gutters or are sweeping your patios to find they are littered with granules, it means those granules are coming off of the shingles and the shingles are falling apart.
– Exposed Nail Heads on Roof: It isn’t uncommon for nails to start popping out of the shingles when a roof is on its last leg. This leaves those holes susceptible to leaking water.
– Missing Roofing Flashing: If your roof has a chimney or anything protruding out of it, there is going to be flashing around those areas. If you are missing flashing, it is a sign that your roof is in trouble as water can easily leak around those edges.
– Age of Roof: If your roof is over 20 years old, it is time to start watching for signs that you have roof problems. Most roofs have a life expectancy of 20-30 years. After 20, it’s time to keep an eye on it.
– Water Damage: If you have water leaking into your home, you need to figure out why right away. Water damage isn’t something that you want to mess around with as it can escalate and end up costing you a significant amount of money.
Leaking Roof & Water Damage Restoration in Baytown, Pasadena, League City, Pearland, Missouri City, Sugar Land, Cypress, The Woodlands, Spring & Greater Houston, Texas
If you have a leaking roof that is leading to water damage, you can call on Disaster Services to help you get the leak fixed in your roof and clean up the water damage that you’re dealing with. We specialize in restoration services that will get your home put back together like nothing ever happened. You can count on us. Call us today!