Everyone knows that they don’t ever want to see water pouring into their house because it is going to wreak havoc. However, does everyone know what kind of damage they can expect from water in their home? There are several ways that water damage can negatively impact your home. Some issues are going to be much larger than others. Disaster Services is here to talk about some of the problems that can arise when you have water damage in your home.
What is the Biggest Concern with Water Damage?
If there is significant water damage in your home, it can literally start to cause such severe damage to your home that it will seem your home is falling apart. Following are specific problems that you can expect with water damage.
– Mold & Mildew Growth: It takes a surprisingly small amount of time for mold and mildew to start growing when there is water concerned. If there is moisture in areas like carpet, furniture, sheetrock, and other areas of your home for any amount of time, mold and mildew will start to grow which can have a negative impact on your overall health.
– Water Staining: Water is notorious for leaving behind unsightly stains wherever it goes. If water gets in the walls of your home or even the ceiling, you can expect to see water stains that can be a real eyesore.
– Compromised Roof: Water damage on your roof can be an expensive problem to have. Replacing the roof on your home is the most expensive repair a homeowner can face. Your roof is your home’s first defense from the elements that can cause significant damage to your home.
– Structural Issues: Another huge problem that is created because of water damage is structural damage. If wood gets wet and then dries over and over again, it can cause swelling and then shrinking. This can lead to warping and cracking in your home. It will leave your home with weaknesses that could result in larger problems down the road.
– Wiring & Gas Lines: Because the wiring and gas lines that power your home are hidden, it can be difficult to see if they have been damaged when water damage happens. If there is damage, it is incredibly important that they get repaired. Anytime you have any water damage, it is always a good idea to have these systems inspected for damage that needs to be fixed.
Fix Water Damage Early to Avoid Problems
It is always best to fix any water damage you may have early so that you aren’t dealing with these problems down the road. If you notice that there is water damage in your home, working quickly to fix it should be a high priority. You can trust the experts at Disaster Services to fix any water damage that you may have in your home. If there is mold growth, we will get rid of it so that your home is health place to live. Call us today!